Sunday, December 23, 2012

My First App

The Valuteachers Core conference for SC, NC, and VA reps was great. The Holiday Inn Express hotel in Lexington, NC overlooking the Childress Vineyards was a plus.

Majority of the reps were new like me and have yet to fill out their first app or application. Since that weekend, I almost had my first app done, but the young lady was busy at work and will complete it in the New Year. She is in her early to mid-20's, she has toddler son, and will be contributing to a ROTH IRA account.  She will begin with the minimum of $100 per month.

I'm excited for her because she is on her way to saving for her retirement. Starting at a young age will almost guarantee her 6 figures in retirement if she increase her monthly contribution $25 each additional years.

I know I have to continue to talk to young adults about saving for retirement. Believe me after a while you won't be missing it.

2013 is KNOCKING on the door, what are you waiting for?
Photo Credit:  http://theblakeproject.typepad.com


Comment below as to what are your fears of starting your first step towards saving for Retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment