Friday, September 14, 2012

Part-Time or Full-Time

I work at a Technical College where there are several branches from the main campus. A student asked me yesterday morning why was I at the MTC Airport campus the previous day? Was I accepting another job? He adamantly said, "You can't leave. But DO LEAVE if that is where God calls you."

It made me PAUSE.

When I decided to Take The Leap, as you sometimes say, to be a Rep for ValuTeachers. I have thought about being Part-Time or Full-Time.

Part-Time Pros 
  • Keep my Full-time job with Benefits
  • Guaranteed paycheck each month to pay my bills
  • Can be paid by giving referrals
Part-Time Cons
  • Not building my client base
  • Not being able to take off work to visit Schools, Hospitals, and Churches. These employees are qualified to contribute to a 403b.
Full-Time Pros
  • Set my own schedule to visit my clients with appointments and follow-ups
  • Attend trainings and conferences
  • Gives me self-confidence I can make money via commissions
Full-Time Cons
  • A monthly paycheck is not guaranteed
  • Commission is based upon my efforts (low efforts, little pay for month to cover my bills).
  • No benefits

What are your thoughts on being Part-Time or Full-Time with a position that is paid by commission?

Rhonda W.


1 comment: